Saturday, June 25, 2011

Possibly camping

Last year, we decided to go camping last minute with friends. This year, we made a plan to get our campsite reserved early. Ya, never happened! so once again we are panickly* hunting for somewhere to camp. My brother, us and the kids, and Brett's BFF and family (so, it will be 2 - 3year olds, a 1 year old, a 4 month old, and 4 large dogs...).
I talked to a family friend that has property an hour away, and we are hoping to possibly camp on her property in her river bottom (assuming it doesn't flood in the next week). last night, I was thinking how fun this is going to be! and now panic starts setting in. are we CRAZY?  I think yes, just based on the 4 dogs!!! then adding in 4 young kids, and boys (Brother, Hubs, and BFF) that are, well, boys when they get together. I am starting to think this is going to be insane!
What do we need to bring? when we went camping last year, we brought an INSANE amount of stuff we never used. but I can't even think of what we did or didn't use, except the Tums! LOL
***side story from last years camping adventure:
Eric got put in the camper for a "nap", and I went to check on him. I am not sure how much was originally in the bottle, but it was half empty by the time we figured out what he was doing. for what it's worth, that amount of tums is not harmful to a 2 year old. at least i haven't seen any lasting effects...yet.


*Apparently PANICKLY isn't a word, but i stayed up till 2am last night reading random blogs on the internet last night, so I can't think of any other word to use. Panickly it is!

And this just in: K&J should bring their cats! Cause it would be awesome to add to the craziness! Oh, and there's cows at this place we may be going camping. A lot of them (with awesome baby cows!). AND a cow you can RIDE!!! how cool is that? and why have I never thought to go camping there before? Brilliance comes in a sleep deprived haze!

No comments:

Post a Comment