Friday, June 24, 2011

Experimental cooking

There is a recipe that my husband loves that I make, but its a lot of finicky prep.( http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/foil-pack-taco-chicken-dinner-88772.aspx )
I decided to try it in the crockpot, we will see how it turns out. I cut up 6 potatoes, put that at the bottom of the crockpot, put in 6 chicken breasts, topped with a packet of taco seasoning and half a jar of salsa. After some research, I saw somewhere to leave the lid off for the last half hour to allow some moisture to evaporate. I will top with cheese in the last half hour. I'm cooking it for 4 hours on high. I hope it turns out...otherwise it might be pizza for supper! lol
I will update with results after supper! :)

*UPDATE: It turned out reasonably well. potatoes were perfect, flavor was awesome, but chicken was dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment