Thursday, June 23, 2011

Eric's Riding Adventures

So, a few months ago I got a brilliant idea - start giving Eric riding lessons on my mom's horse, Kwest. Well, it's been a fun thing for Eric, my mom, and I to do together. Kwest is just the best trooper.
My mom has been really busy working at the race track, and dealing with getting ready for an annual horse show we work at, so Kwest has not had a lot of ride time. Every Thursday, he gets a good loose in the arena, and Eric cools him out/rides.
Last week, Eric figured out how to "play" with Kwest when he was loose. Today, he dove right in. I think Kwest thought that a little green monster was chasing him (Eric was wearing a green shirt). I tell you, this idea of Eric helping loose Kwest is the best idea EVER!!!  The arena is huge, especially for a 3 foot green monster! and horses run fast. green monsters fall a lot. I don't know how Eric was able to run as much as he did, but he put miles on in that arena today!
After Kwest had enough and we convinced Eric that Kwest was tired (and convinced Kwest that Eric was not a green monster), I threw on a saddle pad, surcingle, and Eric's stirrups. Trying to get Eric to  sit up straight, we decided that it must be really uncomfortable on his boy parts, and came to the conclusion that we should put the saddle on next time (sorry buddy!).
 After we were done riding, Mom and Eric gave Kwest a bath. All I heard for the next 10 minutes was "HEY!", apparently Eric's new way to say, "I wanna" (glad that stage is over, but still not cool). Oh, and Kwest (along with every other animal), is FUNNY! Yes, we get told a LOT that "he's funny!". How nice to be so easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment