Saturday, August 27, 2011

AHHHH Bugs!

I am NOT a bug person. But bugs love me. I shudder at the thought of them. I can normally deal with a fly here and there, or a bug near me or flying past me when out and about. But the last week has been bug HELL!

Wednesday, I had the worlds biggest dragon fly hitch a ride downtown with me. ***By the way, if I was driving near you on Wednesday-I am not a crazy driver. I was a little sidetracked by the dragonfly in my car!*** I was stopped at a light and I thought I saw something fly in my car. Looked around quick, and didn't see anything. I start driving and catch this movement in my rear-view mirror. The dragonfly was in the back window behind me. Luckily I didn't have Eric with me, as it would have been right above him head had he been in his seat. With the windows open, I created enough of a breeze that he stayed fairly motionless. As soon as I stopped at a light though (LOL and turned around to take a picture...),

 he flew to the rear driver side window. Ya, he was RIGHT behind my head, flapping away against the window. I have never heard such a noise! FINALLY I get to my destination, and get the back door open, and the thing just sits there. I poke it with me phone. Nothing. I poke it again, knowing at any second it's going to fly up in my face (cause that ALWAYS happens!). I finally had to put my phone under it and kinda push it up. Of course it flys towards me and I scream like the wussy girl I am! Luckily the dragonfly stayed away from the baby...




I have been stalked by wasps, had mega webs built on the deck (covering a deck chair), had a bazillion flys in my house! AHHH I just can't stand it.
I do love grasshoppers though. Eric always gets startled by their sudden jump and fly. We chased one down a street the other day, and I loved watching Eric stalk closer and closer to the grasshopper, only for him to shriek and run the other way when it jumped. Repeat about 10 times, and that's some great entertainment.

 He would only hold the grasshopper with a glove on.
(these are from a few weeks ago, but still) Eric and I with a grasshopper

No comments:

Post a Comment