Sunday, August 21, 2011

A sign of things to come?

Brody will be 6 months in two days....where did my baby go?

He's been hitting quite a few milestones lately, and driving me crazy along the way!

He started sitting on his own about 2 weeks ago. I was very happy that the period of "beached whale" was short lived (beached whale: not happy to be on his back on the floor). He has been rolling for a good month, and can wiggle and roll his way to pretty much anything he sets his sights on.

Last weekend, the little monkey pulled himself up to a stand on one of his toys. He hasn't really done it since, until Saturday when I ran downstairs to switch over laundry. I come up and he's giving me a dumbfounded look....he was standing, but really unsure as to what to do next (well that was to look he gave me). Now he's a pull up machine!



Brody has got a tooth (maybe 2-3 weeks ago?), and is working on it's neighbour. I can see the tooth, but it's just not coming up yet....teething babies SUCK, by the way!

We started solid foods a bit early, and he's had a decent variety so far. Cereal, prunes, green beans, squash, applesauce, peaches, pears. He's liking everything so far. But I have to really watch his tummy. Nothing is more frustrating then a baby with an icky tummers.

He's also started babbling. Mamamama, Dadadadada, Babababababa. LOVE it!

He's starting to get his knees under him, and rocking, He's trying to army crawl (this kid is amazingly strong!), and he's working on trying to get to a sitting position from laying down.

Eric was fairly early in all of these milestones as well, and I am certain by at least 9 months, he was zipping around everywhere, getting into everything...and hasn't stopped! I was hoping Brody would be content to just watch his crazy big brother, but I have a feeling it's not going to be too long until Eric is going to have a shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment